According to Revolve, it takes over 100 years for a plastic bag to decompose in a landfill.
Things you can do today to stop using so many plastic bags:
1. only buying a couple of things? CARRY THEM IN YOUR HANDS
2. keep a stash of bags in your car so that whenever you decide to shop you can use your own bags.
3. put your produce directly into the grocery cart.
4. count how many bags come into your life in one week – then try to reduce the number every week.
5. recycle your plastic bags! only 5% of plastic bags get recycled in the US